Friday, 3 July 2009

ALMOST TWO MONTHS LATER? REALLY!

I sometimes forget about blogging here! I hope everyone is keeping well and happy. I wish I could say the same for me, now with a confirmed aortic valve stenosis. My great Aunt writes me, "What happens if you do not have the open heart surgery?" I am too weak for it, and well, my answer is we are all on God's time schedule anyway, right? My granddaughter, my greatest joy, we are lucky to see her once a month for a day, but just two weekends ago we got a wonderful surprise when we were expecting only Ava, and Mommy and Daddy came with her. Of course it rained all weekend so Ava's first pool party at Grammy's was cancelled. Now our little neighbour, Rylan, has moved to Fort McMurray on the other side of Canada, so even if we have another one later on, she cannot come now. RYLAN, YOU ARE MISSED, DEAR! I have not been able to stitch, and have many projects I need and want to do. I have one I have to do a second time (I wonder where my strength will come from) because the Canada Post lost three parcels, all international airmail, and mailed the same day before Christmas, 2007. It becomes very expensive to have to do it all again, when it was over $100 to send them! It sounds very suspicious "from within" to even their Customer Service as it is very discouraging to me! I am excited that Lucy will be sending me my Round Robin soon... it will be the most exciting day of all when it arrives (a very pleasant thought today)! HUGS TO ALL!

No comments:

Will Wonders Never Cease

My photo
Grammy likes piano music, fireplaces, children's laughter (no better sound in the world!), warm weather, bubble baths and blowing bubbles, tea parties, eating out, shopping sprees, dressing up, being creative, collecting vintage ~ children's book (for their illustrations), aprons and pillowcases, old black and white movies, photo albums, Christmas, Old Maid card games, Mother's Day, travelling by plane and train, remembers fondly ~ births of my children and February 3, 2008! huérfanos desde Chiapas, Camp Oneida, Tom Oshiro, Piper Laurie, Maggie and Jorge, Aunt Trudy and Uncle John, Granny Tweddle, Jean, Grammy and Grampy Hendry, all my wonderful online friends, fifth grade, CKC '71, May Festivals and Frank Holton's Public School Girls' Choir, summers in Michigan and Lion's Head, homeschooling, first flight. I dislike being alone (maybe because I shared my mother's womb with an identical twin?), my feet being tickled, mushrooms, whining, family conflict, long distance telephone bills, bugs (especially centipedes, earwigs, all pinchers and stingers), motorcycles, sirens, not having money, saying good-byes just like AVA (it's "see you later" right?), sarcasm, spit.

MY FAVOURITES (Sometimes Less is More):

  • ACTOR - Colin Firth, Dustin Hoffman, Richard Dreyfuss
  • ACTRESS - Shirley Temple, Doris Day, Drew Barrymore
  • ALBUM - Luis Miguel's ROMANCES (en Español!)
  • ANIMAL - Hudson, horses
  • AUTHORS - Hesba Stretton, Grace Livingston Hill, Beverly Lewis, Jane Austen, Max Lucado
  • BOOKS - Jessica's First Prayer, A Birds' Christmas Carol, Mary Jones' Bible, IDEALS Publications
  • CHILDREN'S ILLUSTRATOR - Mabel Lucie Attwell, Beatrix Potter (I may be related!)
  • COLLECTS - Kaleidoscopes, Paper Dolls, Postcards, Seashells
  • COLOR - Pink!
  • COUNTRY - everything MEXICO! food, hospitality, art, embroidery, music, dance
  • DRINK - flavored Ahmad of London's Tea
  • FLOWER - Bougainvillea (Mexican memories), Trillium (memories of "home" in Ontario)
  • FOOD - International Cuisine, Smogasbords
  • OCCASION - Mother's Day, Easter
  • PERFUME - Givenchy III
  • POETS - Edgar A. Guest, Ruth Bell Graham, Helen Steiner Rice
  • RESTAURANT - The Olive Garden
  • SEASON - Spring (YIPPEEE! No more winter!)
  • SONG FOR AVA - How Wonderful Life is with You in the World
  • SPORT - Figure Skating, Gymnastics, Cheerleading, Synchronized Swimming
  • T.V. SHOW - DOWNTON ABBEY! Lark Rise to Candleford, Poldark

Grammy's Girl is Growing!

Blog Archive