Thursday, 26 May 2011
What A Day It Has Been!
First I will remember May 25, 2011 for television history that was made. . . Oprah's farewell after 30,000 guests, 4561 shows, 25 years, her last hour with The Oprah Winfrey Show, and "until we meet again." I cried. It really feels like a good friend is going away, who has visited with me in my home everyday all that time, and she is dearly LOVED and her inspiration, wisdom, enthusiasm and magnetic personality will be GREATLY missed!
Then, oh my, what can I find to say PLEASANT about American Idol finale? How about I LOVED Haley Reinhart singing with Tony Bennett. . . EXCELENTE! I am NOT happy that Lauren Alaina didn't win. I don't know who all remembers this, but there were many excellent voices, wonderful talent, who were dismissed from the trials in L.A. for forgetting their words. . . a no, no! Scotty McCreery should have been among them for the same reason, but he was allowed to stay, and that just is NOT fair. So, from the beginning of this season, he was never on my list to win, and even though he did, I will never even consider to buy one of his CD's in the future. I wish him well, but popularity votes do NOT mean the best, and he was not. I wish American Idol would redirect country singers to their own venue like Nashville Star!
That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Goodnight Grammy's Girl!
Will Wonders Never Cease
- Mexycan Karencita
- Grammy likes piano music, fireplaces, children's laughter (no better sound in the world!), warm weather, bubble baths and blowing bubbles, tea parties, eating out, shopping sprees, dressing up, being creative, collecting vintage ~ children's book (for their illustrations), aprons and pillowcases, old black and white movies, photo albums, Christmas, Old Maid card games, Mother's Day, travelling by plane and train, remembers fondly ~ births of my children and February 3, 2008! huérfanos desde Chiapas, Camp Oneida, Tom Oshiro, Piper Laurie, Maggie and Jorge, Aunt Trudy and Uncle John, Granny Tweddle, Jean, Grammy and Grampy Hendry, all my wonderful online friends, fifth grade, CKC '71, May Festivals and Frank Holton's Public School Girls' Choir, summers in Michigan and Lion's Head, homeschooling, first flight. I dislike being alone (maybe because I shared my mother's womb with an identical twin?), my feet being tickled, mushrooms, whining, family conflict, long distance telephone bills, bugs (especially centipedes, earwigs, all pinchers and stingers), motorcycles, sirens, not having money, saying good-byes just like AVA (it's "see you later" right?), sarcasm, spit.
MY FAVOURITES (Sometimes Less is More):
- ACTOR - Colin Firth, Dustin Hoffman, Richard Dreyfuss
- ACTRESS - Shirley Temple, Doris Day, Drew Barrymore
- ALBUM - Luis Miguel's ROMANCES (en Español!)
- ANIMAL - Hudson, horses
- AUTHORS - Hesba Stretton, Grace Livingston Hill, Beverly Lewis, Jane Austen, Max Lucado
- BOOKS - Jessica's First Prayer, A Birds' Christmas Carol, Mary Jones' Bible, IDEALS Publications
- CHILDREN'S ILLUSTRATOR - Mabel Lucie Attwell, Beatrix Potter (I may be related!)
- COLLECTS - Kaleidoscopes, Paper Dolls, Postcards, Seashells
- COLOR - Pink!
- COUNTRY - everything MEXICO! food, hospitality, art, embroidery, music, dance
- DRINK - flavored Ahmad of London's Tea
- FLOWER - Bougainvillea (Mexican memories), Trillium (memories of "home" in Ontario)
- FOOD - International Cuisine, Smogasbords
- OCCASION - Mother's Day, Easter
- PERFUME - Givenchy III
- POETS - Edgar A. Guest, Ruth Bell Graham, Helen Steiner Rice
- RESTAURANT - The Olive Garden
- SEASON - Spring (YIPPEEE! No more winter!)
- SONG FOR AVA - How Wonderful Life is with You in the World
- SPORT - Figure Skating, Gymnastics, Cheerleading, Synchronized Swimming
- T.V. SHOW - DOWNTON ABBEY! Lark Rise to Candleford, Poldark