Sunday, 22 January 2012
REMEMBER THIS AVA...
In the words of William Gladstone (British Statesman 1809 – 1898) ~ "If you are cold, tea will warm you. If you are heated, it will cool you. If you are depressed, it will cheer you. If you are excited, it will calm you." ~ Whilst not to be considered as medical evidence, it does reflect how tea brings a sense of health and well-being to us all.
Will Wonders Never Cease
- Mexycan Karencita
- Grammy likes piano music, fireplaces, children's laughter (no better sound in the world!), warm weather, bubble baths and blowing bubbles, tea parties, eating out, shopping sprees, dressing up, being creative, collecting vintage ~ children's book (for their illustrations), aprons and pillowcases, old black and white movies, photo albums, Christmas, Old Maid card games, Mother's Day, travelling by plane and train, remembers fondly ~ births of my children and February 3, 2008! huérfanos desde Chiapas, Camp Oneida, Tom Oshiro, Piper Laurie, Maggie and Jorge, Aunt Trudy and Uncle John, Granny Tweddle, Jean, Grammy and Grampy Hendry, all my wonderful online friends, fifth grade, CKC '71, May Festivals and Frank Holton's Public School Girls' Choir, summers in Michigan and Lion's Head, homeschooling, first flight. I dislike being alone (maybe because I shared my mother's womb with an identical twin?), my feet being tickled, mushrooms, whining, family conflict, long distance telephone bills, bugs (especially centipedes, earwigs, all pinchers and stingers), motorcycles, sirens, not having money, saying good-byes just like AVA (it's "see you later" right?), sarcasm, spit.
MY FAVOURITES (Sometimes Less is More):
- ACTOR - Colin Firth, Dustin Hoffman, Richard Dreyfuss
- ACTRESS - Shirley Temple, Doris Day, Drew Barrymore
- ALBUM - Luis Miguel's ROMANCES (en Español!)
- ANIMAL - Hudson, horses
- AUTHORS - Hesba Stretton, Grace Livingston Hill, Beverly Lewis, Jane Austen, Max Lucado
- BOOKS - Jessica's First Prayer, A Birds' Christmas Carol, Mary Jones' Bible, IDEALS Publications
- CHILDREN'S ILLUSTRATOR - Mabel Lucie Attwell, Beatrix Potter (I may be related!)
- COLLECTS - Kaleidoscopes, Paper Dolls, Postcards, Seashells
- COLOR - Pink!
- COUNTRY - everything MEXICO! food, hospitality, art, embroidery, music, dance
- DRINK - flavored Ahmad of London's Tea
- FLOWER - Bougainvillea (Mexican memories), Trillium (memories of "home" in Ontario)
- FOOD - International Cuisine, Smogasbords
- OCCASION - Mother's Day, Easter
- PERFUME - Givenchy III
- POETS - Edgar A. Guest, Ruth Bell Graham, Helen Steiner Rice
- RESTAURANT - The Olive Garden
- SEASON - Spring (YIPPEEE! No more winter!)
- SONG FOR AVA - How Wonderful Life is with You in the World
- SPORT - Figure Skating, Gymnastics, Cheerleading, Synchronized Swimming
- T.V. SHOW - DOWNTON ABBEY! Lark Rise to Candleford, Poldark