Friday, 11 January 2013
BIG DRESS! BIG HAIR! BIG DAY!
Tomorrow (Saturday, January 12, 2013) Uncle Topher marries Chelsea who will become Aunt Chelsea to you, Ava. I am so sad that Grammy was not well enough for the 1300 km drive to Ontario (and that is only ONE DIRECTION) to see the wedding; I am going to surgery soon and needed to be rested and relaxed. Grampy drove alone in blizzard conditions to get to Toronto. He is the BEST MAN (and we know HE really is, but we won't share that secret with anybody else). Hudson and I are missing him terribly. LOTS OF LOVE to Grammy's son, Christopher, and to Chelsea, also, the dear one Grammy's son has chosen to stand through life beside him, just like Grammy does Grampy... more than 38 years after our wedding day (November 22, 1974). May their union be blessed of God and both of them be as happy ALWAYS with their love and lives as they are now! HUGS and PRAYERS.
Will Wonders Never Cease
- Mexycan Karencita
- Grammy likes piano music, fireplaces, children's laughter (no better sound in the world!), warm weather, bubble baths and blowing bubbles, tea parties, eating out, shopping sprees, dressing up, being creative, collecting vintage ~ children's book (for their illustrations), aprons and pillowcases, old black and white movies, photo albums, Christmas, Old Maid card games, Mother's Day, travelling by plane and train, remembers fondly ~ births of my children and February 3, 2008! huérfanos desde Chiapas, Camp Oneida, Tom Oshiro, Piper Laurie, Maggie and Jorge, Aunt Trudy and Uncle John, Granny Tweddle, Jean, Grammy and Grampy Hendry, all my wonderful online friends, fifth grade, CKC '71, May Festivals and Frank Holton's Public School Girls' Choir, summers in Michigan and Lion's Head, homeschooling, first flight. I dislike being alone (maybe because I shared my mother's womb with an identical twin?), my feet being tickled, mushrooms, whining, family conflict, long distance telephone bills, bugs (especially centipedes, earwigs, all pinchers and stingers), motorcycles, sirens, not having money, saying good-byes just like AVA (it's "see you later" right?), sarcasm, spit.
MY FAVOURITES (Sometimes Less is More):
- ACTOR - Colin Firth, Dustin Hoffman, Richard Dreyfuss
- ACTRESS - Shirley Temple, Doris Day, Drew Barrymore
- ALBUM - Luis Miguel's ROMANCES (en Español!)
- ANIMAL - Hudson, horses
- AUTHORS - Hesba Stretton, Grace Livingston Hill, Beverly Lewis, Jane Austen, Max Lucado
- BOOKS - Jessica's First Prayer, A Birds' Christmas Carol, Mary Jones' Bible, IDEALS Publications
- CHILDREN'S ILLUSTRATOR - Mabel Lucie Attwell, Beatrix Potter (I may be related!)
- COLLECTS - Kaleidoscopes, Paper Dolls, Postcards, Seashells
- COLOR - Pink!
- COUNTRY - everything MEXICO! food, hospitality, art, embroidery, music, dance
- DRINK - flavored Ahmad of London's Tea
- FLOWER - Bougainvillea (Mexican memories), Trillium (memories of "home" in Ontario)
- FOOD - International Cuisine, Smogasbords
- OCCASION - Mother's Day, Easter
- PERFUME - Givenchy III
- POETS - Edgar A. Guest, Ruth Bell Graham, Helen Steiner Rice
- RESTAURANT - The Olive Garden
- SEASON - Spring (YIPPEEE! No more winter!)
- SONG FOR AVA - How Wonderful Life is with You in the World
- SPORT - Figure Skating, Gymnastics, Cheerleading, Synchronized Swimming
- T.V. SHOW - DOWNTON ABBEY! Lark Rise to Candleford, Poldark