Friday, 19 February 2016
Sunday, 4 October 2015
Thursday, 20 August 2015
Your Auntie B was a BEAUTIFUL BRIDE, and I'm sure you helped make it her happiest day ever, Ava; you were a darling jr. bridesmaid. Grammy is just so thrilled I made it to the wedding, and finally saw Uncle Topher, too, after 10 years. I hope you will treasure the memory of August 1st, 2015 as I will. HUGE HUGS HONEYBUNCH.
Monday, 18 May 2015
Right now I'm filling out Grandma Tell Me Your Story... and the same very special girl and Grammy LOVE fairies. Yep, we're FAIRYTALE girls, and this is a must have book for the two of us to share, right Ava? I love you so much, and looking so forward to your first week of summer vacation, and creating our fairy garden that's been waiting for YOU! ♥ YAY!
Monday, 9 March 2015
From the moment you arrived to the last "see you later" kiss, Grammy had the BEST time with you Ava on March Break this year. I LOVE it when you come visiting for the whole week with us, and so does Hudson. I hope you made many special memories, too, that you will be happy to recall all your life. YOU ARE A LOVED-SO-MUCH GIRL, DARLING. Always be the sweet, precious and special dear we know YOU to be at seven years old. HUGS, Grammy
Friday, 25 July 2014
Today was the day I was FINALLY informed by my family doctor of test results I had waited a long time for. Since the echocardiogram was done, I had hoped to hear better than "moderate to severe" for an aortic valve stenosis Grammy is living with. I am not happy, because IF anything happens to Grammy now, will you remember me? Will I make it to Auntie Bethany's wedding next year? I do trust God with my life, and I know He knows all the answers to these questions, so I am not going to worry, hope that I am around for much longer, consider the risks to have or not to have open heart surgery that I need, and continue to love my darling granddaughter who EVERYDAY gives your Grammy the greatest joy and delight that only another grandparent could ever understand. I LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH HONEYBUNCH (and you know Hudson does, too... he's right by my side all the way, taking very good care of me)! *SMILE*
Wednesday, 16 April 2014
When I was little like you, Granny Tweddle was a special lady who took great care of me, and I loved her so much. She would read to us at bedtime, and this was one book I remember as a FAVOURITE, called THE GOLDEN GATES OF SUNSET by Dorothy Reynalds. It was always my greatest wish to be able to find a copy... AND I DID (in the United Kingdom!) which now, I can pass down to you, Honeybunch. ♥
I thank Auntie Bethany and Uncle Josh so much for the big load of books sent to me, but especially this lovely version of LARK RISE TO CANDLEFORD by Flora Thompson... the pages look like they have beautiful pressed flowers between them. You have to touch the pages to be sure they are not real.
Thursday, 6 February 2014
Saturday, 7 September 2013
Sunday, 1 September 2013
Monday, 15 July 2013
I can only pray that one day you might, also, have such a wonderful summer as Grammy had in 1971 when I was 17 years old, Ava. I LOVE remembering the blessings of Canadian Keswick Conference and all the friends from around the world I made there.
Sunday, 12 May 2013
I found out today, Mother's Day 2013, that I am an IRIS (Mom Steedman, if she were alive, would LOVE to hear that)! "You are a very sensual person. You like to experience all the sights, smells, tastes and textures the world has to offer. Ordinary be damned, because you want to do it all." I wonder what kind of flower you will be, darling Ava?
I am an
Thursday, 2 May 2013
Shutterfly allows you to customize your photo book just the way you want.My family is God's gift to me! I do think of Christopher and Chelsea, Bethany and Josh, Mommy and Daddy and YOU, TOO, AVA... with LOTS OF LOVE ALWAYS!
Will Wonders Never Cease
- Mexycan Karencita
- Grammy likes piano music, fireplaces, children's laughter (no better sound in the world!), warm weather, bubble baths and blowing bubbles, tea parties, eating out, shopping sprees, dressing up, being creative, collecting vintage ~ children's book (for their illustrations), aprons and pillowcases, old black and white movies, photo albums, Christmas, Old Maid card games, Mother's Day, travelling by plane and train, remembers fondly ~ births of my children and February 3, 2008! huérfanos desde Chiapas, Camp Oneida, Tom Oshiro, Piper Laurie, Maggie and Jorge, Aunt Trudy and Uncle John, Granny Tweddle, Jean, Grammy and Grampy Hendry, all my wonderful online friends, fifth grade, CKC '71, May Festivals and Frank Holton's Public School Girls' Choir, summers in Michigan and Lion's Head, homeschooling, first flight. I dislike being alone (maybe because I shared my mother's womb with an identical twin?), my feet being tickled, mushrooms, whining, family conflict, long distance telephone bills, bugs (especially centipedes, earwigs, all pinchers and stingers), motorcycles, sirens, not having money, saying good-byes just like AVA (it's "see you later" right?), sarcasm, spit.
MY FAVOURITES (Sometimes Less is More):
- ACTOR - Colin Firth, Dustin Hoffman, Richard Dreyfuss
- ACTRESS - Shirley Temple, Doris Day, Drew Barrymore
- ALBUM - Luis Miguel's ROMANCES (en Español!)
- ANIMAL - Hudson, horses
- AUTHORS - Hesba Stretton, Grace Livingston Hill, Beverly Lewis, Jane Austen, Max Lucado
- BOOKS - Jessica's First Prayer, A Birds' Christmas Carol, Mary Jones' Bible, IDEALS Publications
- CHILDREN'S ILLUSTRATOR - Mabel Lucie Attwell, Beatrix Potter (I may be related!)
- COLLECTS - Kaleidoscopes, Paper Dolls, Postcards, Seashells
- COLOR - Pink!
- COUNTRY - everything MEXICO! food, hospitality, art, embroidery, music, dance
- DRINK - flavored Ahmad of London's Tea
- FLOWER - Bougainvillea (Mexican memories), Trillium (memories of "home" in Ontario)
- FOOD - International Cuisine, Smogasbords
- OCCASION - Mother's Day, Easter
- PERFUME - Givenchy III
- POETS - Edgar A. Guest, Ruth Bell Graham, Helen Steiner Rice
- RESTAURANT - The Olive Garden
- SEASON - Spring (YIPPEEE! No more winter!)
- SONG FOR AVA - How Wonderful Life is with You in the World
- SPORT - Figure Skating, Gymnastics, Cheerleading, Synchronized Swimming
- T.V. SHOW - DOWNTON ABBEY! Lark Rise to Candleford, Poldark